Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Best Book Ever (for the moment)

I just finished reading the best book ever! I'm so excited about it I have to share it with someone. Since Shawn is out of town, and I don't want to sound crazy calling someone this late I am just going to have to blog about it. The book is Austenland by Shannon Hale. Here are the prerequisites to reading this book: You have to be a Jane Austen fan, but even more than that you have to have watched the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice and be a Colin Firth fan - who wouldn't/couldn't be after watching him in it?!?!. This book is pure entertainment, but such great entertainment! I can't believe I've left this sitting untouched on my bookshelf for months. I will definitely read this book again! Is that pathetic? I would love to hear if anyone else has read this book and what they think? By the way, I LOVE her inscription to Colin Firth! It made me laugh for a day! Another question. Is Colin Firth really that attractive, or is it just his character Mr. Darcy? Hmmmm, well, he does a good job playing Mr. Darcy! Here's to Mr. Darcy and Colin Firth, and my husband of course (who has loved me enough to watch Pride and Prejudice with me)!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so glad you finally read it. I knew you would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Colin Firth is more attractive playing the role of Mr. Darcy, than any of his other roles!

    ReplyDelete