Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Ornaments

For Family Home Evening we went to the store and picked out new Christmas ornaments for each of the kids. This is an annual tradition. Each year they pick out a new ornament. Claire picked a Rudolph ornament because that's her favorite song this year. Will picked some John Deer tractor ornaments- it came with 5 little tractors. I think he just wants to play with them. And we chose a little jingle bell baby ornament for Vivi that said 2009 baby's first Christmas! After this low key family home evening we ate cookies- yum!

Next week will be busy right before Christmas so I'm thinking I won't have time to write our FHE next week and so I'll write what I'm planning right now. OK, I have a cute little box that I've put in our manger scene and I'm going to give a lesson about Jesus' birth and then I'm going to ask the kids to think of a present they can give to Jesus and they can either write it down or draw a picture and then will put these gifts in the little box and put it back by Jesus in the manger. I hope they will give gifts of being kind to each other or something like that. Anyway, we will see how it goes next week! Can't wait for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment