Saturday, May 24, 2008

Happy Anniversary!!!


Shawn and I just celebrated our 8 year anniversary on May 12th!!! Sometimes I can't believe it's been 8 years (time has flown), but sometimes I can't believe it's only been 8 years. It does seem like we've known each other our whole lives. I met Shawn when I was 15 years old and since this year I turn 30 it means I've known him half of my life! Wow, we've known each other for 15 years! In reality it has gone by so fast. Especially the past 8 years. We have our good days and our stressful days, but there is no one I'd rather experience life with than Shawn. He is a great husband and friend and the best dad to our kids! I know it's cheesy, but 8 years is not long enough and neither is 15. I really need eternity with Shawn :)
We didn't do much on our anniversary day. Our anniversary was on a Monday, so we spent the day with the kids. We actually let Claire choose which restaurant we went to eat at. Her idea of a good restaurant is Burger King, so we got a BK Stacker for our 8 year anniversary meal! It made me laugh to eat at Burger King. Luckily we were able to get a babysitter for the Friday after our anniversary and we went out to a nicer dinner at Applebee's and then went and saw the movie Baby Mama. It was a pretty good movie, but I think every movie without the kids is great , so I don't know if I can give a good review. I love going out on dates! We had a great anniversary and I can't wait for years and years more! I've included a few photos of us from 8 years ago on our wedding day. Don't we look young? I love to look at my wedding photos and remember what a great day it was and what a great husband I have!





1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I know you guys already went to Hawaii this year, but next time tell Shawn to put a crowbar in his wallet and take you to someplace that uses a real oven instead of reheating food in a microwave ;-)

    ReplyDelete