Monday, June 16, 2008

Preschool Graduation

Claire just finished preschool. I can't believe she will be in kindergarten next year. She is ready, but I don't think I am. A couple of days before preschool was over, they got to go on a field trip to the school bus barn to ride a school bus and learn about safety on the bus. The parents got to go on the field trip too, but they had all the kids get on the bus first. I saw Claire climb up the bus steps and then saw her little head bob along the bus windows as she made her way to sit by her friend. My eyes got a little watery seeing her on the bus. All the parents agreed that the field trip was probably more for the parents than the kids (to get the parents ready to send their little ones on the big yellow bus). Claire can't wait to ride the bus, but she was sad for preschool to end. She loved her teachers and her friends there. She got teary eyed on the last day of school and kept hugging me tring not to cry. I wish I could take away sadness and fear, but I guess that's part of growing up.
Claire had an end of year performance for school. I've included some pictures of her and Vivi at the program. Also, on the last day of class they had the kids dress in a cap and gown, and I've included pictures of Claire graduating from preschool. She was so cute! Claire really wants Will to go to Sunnyside next year. She says he needs to go because it's the best! After the preschool graduation we had a pizza party with all of the kids and parents from her school. I've included some pictures of Claire and Vivi at the party too!


Ms. Lori (Claire's teacher) and Claire

Claire and Vivi at the school program!

Claire singing "Walking Throught the Jungle" in her school program. She's in the middle with a panda bear mask.

"We're #1!!!" Claire and Vivi at the after school party.

All of the food we got to eat at the party- Claire and Vivi sharing a chair and munching away!

No comments:

Post a Comment