Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Surprise!!!

My 30th Birthday was a complete surprise! First, Shawn flew one of my best friends up from Arizona for my 30th birthday. We see each other rarely, but always keep in contact. The last time we saw each other was a year and a half ago. We've know each other since about age 14, so we've known each other for half of our lives. It was such a surprise to see her. Shawn said he had a late meeting one night, so I didn't expect anything, but that night when he came home Krista walked in with him. It was so unreal at first. I felt like I was in a dream, but I was so excited. We had a lot of fun while she was here. We went and saw two movies at the theater without kids (we put them to bed and left Shawn to make sure no one woke up). We got a massage. We went shopping and got matching shirts (cheesy-I know but BFF). We went to Seattle twice and to the zoo with our kids. It was so great to see her and her little boy Robbie. Since we don't see each other often this was such a treat to see her for a whole week.
Having Krista come and visit is surprise enough I think, but Shawn had other plans. Half way through Krista's stay Shawn sent us to the outlet mall on a Saturday while he ran some errands. We went shopping, but all of a sudden Krista got terribly sick. She said her back was killing her and we had to go home right now so she could lie down. I was so worried about her I sped home thinking we were going to have to take her to the emergency room. When we got home though there was another surprise. Shawn got a lot of my friends together up here for a 30th b-day surprise party! I walked in totally surprised. Krista wasn't even sick. She was just pretending to be sick to get me home quickly without asking questions. It all worked, and I was totally surprised! Shawn and Krista did a great job! And I had a great birthday! Here are some pictures of Krista's visit and my party!




Surprise!!!

Krista with our kids on a ferry ride!


Downtown Seattle at the pier. We just had the kids go on a carousel ride!

Matching Seattle shirts!

Downtown Seattle!

No comments:

Post a Comment