Friday, April 17, 2009

Oops!

OK, this is an embarrassing moment for me, but I should take a lesson from Claire and just learn to laugh more. Claire has been taking swimming lessons for the past couple of months. Right after Kindergarten gets out we rush home to change into her swimming suit and then rush to the pool. Recently I sent her upstairs alone to change into her swimming suit and cover up. Then I rushed her to the car assuming the swimming suit was on correctly (you know where this is going right). Well, we were running late so I dropped her off at the pool and told her to get undressed and go to her class while I parked the car. I came in about 3 minutes behind her, but 3 minutes was too long because I took one look at her and I turned bright red. She had put her swimming suit on backwards. Credit to her the front and back of that particular swimming suit don't look too different until it's on. It just didn't look quite right. I quietly called her out of the pool and told her she had her suit on backwards. She looks down and starts cracking up. She says, in between laughs, "that's why it feels funny". Then she turns to her teacher and class and exclaims in a loud comical voice that her suit is on backwards and how silly it is. They all laugh and I take her to the dressing room. We get it on right and she finishes swimming without thinking about it again. All I can think is I'm so embarrassed, and what are all the other mothers thinking that I bring my daughter to swimming dressed backwards, until I remember how Claire reacted to the situation, and I realize I can learn from my wonderful daughter to laugh more. Really, it was hilarious. Of course I didn't get a picture- nor would I post one, but I'm so glad to have Claire! She is the most loving, caring, sensitive, helpful, laughing, comical little girl that I love so much! Thank you Claire for teaching me to laugh over and over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment