Friday, April 17, 2009

Home Sweet Home... for robins too!

I've recently noticed a lot of robins around the front of our home. I also recently got a new wreath for our front door. I liked the wreath because it looks like it has blueberries on it. It looked yummy and like a good wreath for spring and summer. Anyway, the other day I noticed a lot of straw sticking out of the wreath. I assumed some wind had put it there, so I started pulling out the straw until I realized quickly what was really up in the wreath. A little bird had built a cute little nest and even laid an egg right there. I was happy to see the cute litte blue egg, but then I was horrified that I had touched it. Don't birds abandon their nests if they smell human smells around it. So, now I'm constantly looking out for the mama bird and hoping she comes back. I did touch the wreath one more time to show Claire, Will and Shawn and get the picture. The kids were so excited to see it. The little blue egg really is the sweetest little thing. I really hope it hasn't been abandoned. I also hope the bird didn't think the berries were real. I noticed a few peck marks in some of the berries. Hopefully the birds didn't get poisoned by them. Maybe next time I won't buy a berry wreath. I'm really feeling a little bad about it. I hope the mama comes back. We will keep our eyes out for her. It was amazing to see the nest. Claire and Will are now fascinated by birds and think it's the coolest thing that a bird built a nest on our door.


No comments:

Post a Comment