Saturday, August 22, 2009

Vivian Laura Houston


At 2:58 pm on August 5th Vivian was born! She is named after two of her Great Grandmas Vivian and Laura. We are so excited to have her here! The labor and delivery were both fine with no complications. I was induced, which I hadn't experienced before. I think being induced might have been a little tougher on my body because I was in much more pain after than I was with Claire or Will. The nurses were surprised with how much pitocin they had to pump me full of to get any contractions to start. I thought my labor would be shorter too, but it was only an hour less than Will (6 hours). Vivi also had a knot in her cord. We are lucky that it wasn't tight and didn't cause any complications.
To actually see Vivi and to hold her was such a miracle! It always takes my breath away the first time I hold my babies. It was also wonderful to deliver here in Utah too. We've never had visitors at the hospital before, but this time we were able to have so much family come and see us it was great! We are glad to have Vivi home with us. Right now she has dark hair. It will be interesting to see if that changes. Claire loves her and Will loves her in his own way. I don't think he knows what he is supposed to do with her, but every once in awhile I see him pat her head, or hold one of her hands. Vivi is so sweet. She's a sleepy and cuddly little girl! Here are some pictures.

Big Brother!



Big Sister!



Mom with three kids now!


Proud Dad!



Going Home!



Now we are trying to get sleep when ever we can!

4 comments:

  1. She is so cute! Congratulations on #3! You have the cutest family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Liz! She is so beautiful and I love the name!!! Hope you're doing well and getting some rest. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, she's adorable! We're sad that we're not able to see her in real life, but glad we at least have pictures. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! She's beautiful! I don't know why I didn't think to check your blog until now-- I just kept checking Facebook! The girls were so excited to get that card from Claire! They will be writing back soon. I hope all is well. We miss you and your family!

    ReplyDelete