Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Strangers, Apricots and Horses

Last week I went shopping at Costco and got tempted by the yummy yet expensive apricots, so I put a crate in my cart and continued shopping. When I was almost done shopping an older couple introduced themselves to me (Mark and Judy) and told me that they have a huge apricot tree in their backyard and the would love it if someone would come over and pick some apricots, so they wouldn't all go to waste on their grass. They told me if we came over and picked them they would give them to us for free. They gave me their phone # and address (what nice trusting people). I put the Costco apricots back on the shelf with a look of disgust- I wanted free apricots-and so yesterday evening I called these nice strangers and we all went to their home to pick apricots. They live just down the street from us in South Jordan, but they have this beautiful big yard. Shawn and the kids picked apricots while I sat on the porch and talked to Judy and Mark. The kids LOVED picking apricots, and to top it off they took us over to meet their neighbors horse Luna after we were done. Claire was in heaven! Luna the horse was a character. Her mom had died after giving birth to her two years ago, so the neighborhood women pitched in and took turns feeding and caring for her. She was basically raised by humans, and you can tell. She was the funniest horse. She wanted attention, and if you didn't give it to her she would twist her head down to you and give you almost a little kiss with her lips to get your attention. When you patted her head she would turn into the pat like a dog. I can't really explain it, but she was a horse full of character. We really enjoyed meeting Mark and Judy, picking apricots, and meeting the silliest horse ever. Here are some pictures.





No comments:

Post a Comment