Monday, January 4, 2010

Resolutions and stuff........

I missed family home evening last week due to too much Christmas activity. We did the 12 days of Christmas each day last week (see entry below) and every night was fun, but seemed like a FHE activity EVERY night. By the time Christmas was over and the next Monday rolled along I couldn't think of anything to do- or maybe didn't want to think of anything to do. Anyway it's a new year and I've started the new year determined to be consistent.
Elder Bednar's talk More Diligent and Concerned at Home
inspires me every time I hear or read it. If you haven't read it it's amazing. I've heard over and over in college and in just general life stuff how important it is to be consistent for those "important things". What ever our important thing is we need to be consistent. Whether it's health related like exercising, work related, or family related like FHE the key is to be consistent. Family is important to me so I will have FHE each week. It's such a great time to come together and learn from each other.
I've also decided that Bon Jovi's song (whom I love) It's My Life will be my theme song for the year. Really it's my life, but also my kids lives, and it is now or never. I really need to start running to that song too.
So FHE tonight was rushed because we have late swimming lessons on Monday and didn't have much time before bedtime, so it consisted of us bearing our testimonies to each other. This was also stated in Elder Bednar's talk. I think it's a great idea to share what we believe. Plus it gives Will and Claire an opportunity to practice speaking for themselves. It went well, that's all we did and then had rice crispy treats and off to bed.
So, here's for consistency- my family night ideas might not be fabulous but we will do them, and I hey, I may even try to be consistent about exercise..... maybe....

No comments:

Post a Comment