Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Why is the Academy Award immodest?


My oldest daughter is almost 10, and is a beauty!  Sometimes I worry about this beauty.  You know the "she's gonna grow up and start dating" type of worry.  Of course I want this to happen for her, but I just feel like time is flying by and sometimes it's going too fast.
Anyway, she just finished an acting class that she has been participating in all school year and when they finished their final performance they all got a replica of the academy award because they were all so awesome!  On this particular night with her on stage I was more stuck by her beauty (yes I can keep saying that because she's my baby).  After the performance she runs out to find me, and the first thing she says to me as I'm trying to tell her she did great is: "mom this statue does NOT have any pants on, I can see his butt"  she is saying this loudly and laughing hysterically.  And that is when I realized I don't have to worry about her growing up too much yet.  She is still totally a kid inside.  And then she went on to show everyone in our extended family that it is true the statue has no clothes on....  I wasn't even embarrassed she was kind of making a scene with her naked statue talk, I was just glad to have her be a silly kid.  And really why is that award a naked person?  Here's a picture if you don't believe me :0

2 comments:

  1. When I saw the name of the post, I thought Claire was getting an award for being immodest, What?
    I think Claire needs to make him some clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, I changed the title so no one else would think the same thing :). I'll tell Claire she should make clothes!

    ReplyDelete